Help with deciphering wiring colors for Spa Air Blower

Users who are viewing this thread

A12548

Reaction score
My spa blower went bad, and shopping a replacement. From the photos I attached, it seems like its 120V and not 240V? (this one was wired back in 1987), I see the wire colors seem to be white/white, one is green/blue, and the other looks Red/Black. Now the colors may have faded a bit, but the green/blue seems unusual? So my question is, is this a 120V wiring set up and would the new 1HP blower likely just have green/black/white, and assuming that blue wire is from the old unit, is that unusual to have been connected to the green. hope I made sense:cool:

Attachments

• blowerwires1.jpg
    blowerwires1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Blowerwires2.jpg
    Blowerwires2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 401

A12548

Reaction score
My bad..my wife corrected my color blind tendacies..it is actually 2 different shades of green, not blue. Now I need to figure out the HP on that motor, because that force was just right. The label fell off years ago, and taking apart the motor yielded no numbers or stamps.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks