Help to ID Culligan and program

Users who are viewing this thread

Hiperco

Reaction score
I have a Culligan softener that I suspect is silver or gold model. I'd like to confirm which model, and then get help programming the days between regen. It's currently set to 14 but I'd like it longer. (The manuals I found online don't seem to match the menu exactly and I can't figure out how to change it) Thanks.

Attachments

• 1407612271754.jpg
    1407612271754.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 1407612327613.jpg
    1407612327613.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

Rjh2o

Reaction score
I have a Culligan softener that I suspect is silver or gold model. I'd like to confirm which model, and then get help programming the days between regen. It's currently set to 14 but I'd like it longer. (The manuals I found online don't seem to match the menu exactly and I can't figure out how to change it) Thanks.

This is a Culligan Gold series. The programming is the same as the Gold, Silver series model. The question is: Is this an Aqua Sensor model or Metered model? The 14 day setting is only the override days. Meaning if the unit does not regenerate in that time frame it will automatically override the sensor/meter and regenerate that night. Most digital water treatment systems have this override function now.
So adjusting the day override will probably not cause the softener to run less often. You need to know the water chemistry to program the system properly (hardness, iron). Every water softener has a certain amount of "capacity", 30k, 45k, 60k, etc. There is now way to adjust for "degrees" of softened water. It is either hard or soft and exhausting the softener resin of softened water between regenerations only causes hard water problems and shortens resin life.
The problem with many of these Culligan units is when they loose power the unit goes back to factory settings so it has to be re-programmed every time the power goes out.

Here is the link for your owners manual: http://eculligan.com/service-manuals/GoldSeries2004-2006.pdf
RJH2O

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks