Help removing goulds J5 pump impeller.

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by joe_farmer, Apr 18, 2009.

1. joe_farmer

joe_farmer New Member

I'm one of those idiots that forgot to drain the water out of the pump this past winter and paid the price with a broken pump to motor adapter. I was able to buy a used adapter from a local dealer. I pulled off the pump housing and can't seem to find a way to remove the pump impeller.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.:confused:
  2. joe_farmer

joe_farmer New Member

Thanks Sammy, too late though, I already broke the impeller trying to press it off. I suck.
  3. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

You don't have to crank on the impeller to put it back on. Hand tight is tight enough. Goulds have the kind of plastic that breaks just by looking at it.

bob...