Help on bathtub overflow cover

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Kylin, May 3, 2009.

1. Kylin

Kylin New Member

Hi,

We are moving in to a new house, and just noticed that the tubs are without overflow cover. I checked *********/Lowe's and can't find anything fit. They all have one or two screws and a gasket, while I can't find any place to screw on. The tube stick out looks like brass tube with a ring on it, which can be taken off.

BTW, the tubs do have foot stopper for the drain.

I am attaching a photo. Appreciate any advice can help!
    [​IMG]

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

overflow

Not enough of a picture to tell whose it is, but it looks like it was a "pop up" drain and the overflow may have screwed on or fastened to a screw on adapter.
  3. Kylin

Kylin New Member

On the foot drain it says "WMC 208".

Should I take the ring off and push the pipe in then add the adapter? It seems impossible to push it fully in.

Thanks!
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

drain

That "ring" is the locknut holding the overflow in place. You could drill and tap the back of the fitting and then use a one-hole overflow plate with a long bolt. You might have to cut some of the thread off it it prevents the overflow plate from contacting the tub.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  6. Kylin

Kylin New Member

Redwood:
    Thank you very much for the WATCO info! I finally have an idea of what to look for.
  7. Mephitis

Mephitis New Member

Bump. I have a similar problem, I inherited the rough plumbing and need the trim. WATCO says they did not make it, and indeed the catalog looks somewhat different. Photo attached. Anyone have any ideas? Note this is the overflow up on the vertical wall of the tub, not the drain in the floor. TIA

PICT0001.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  8. ergirl64

ergirl64 New Member

I Found the parts

Hello, I also have the same conection on my bathtub and needed the same part. I found where to get it. It is from Watco. I ordered the parts @ http://www.buyeagle.biz

The part number and name: Item No: 01004CP
    Description: Watco - Innovator® Plastic Overflow Plate

Hope this helps

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012