Help me Please!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

jmcscrap

Reaction score
I have a pressure assit toilet, Crane Plumbing, and after it is flushed it continues to run. tThe only way I have been able to stop it is to turn the water off and let it sit for a minute, then when the water is turned back on it fills and stops running. What can I do or adjust. Thank you in advance for your help.

WestcoastPlumber

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.wcplumbing.biz
I have a pressure assit toilet, Crane Plumbing, and after it is flushed it continues to run. tThe only way I have been able to stop it is to turn the water off and let it sit for a minute, then when the water is turned back on it fills and stops running. What can I do or adjust. Thank you in advance for your help.

I believe you have a sloan pressure vessel inside, a "big black thing"

If your is sloan, then you have a cartridge inside, a white tube that will unscrew, that needs to be replaced.

If you take pictures, we can better assist you. remove the lid of course before you take pictures;)

Make sure you have play in the handle also, make sure it isn't holding the cartridge down.

see you back with pics:D

jmcscrap

Reaction score
Sorry, unable to do pics. What I have is from Geberit a PF2. hope this provides a little more help. Also. one thing I notice is that there is a red ball (pea size) inside a tube that rises and seals the air, sometimes it get trapped where I can not see it, this is presumably the problem, just not sure where or what to do. Hope that makes sense to someone!!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I believe this may be what you have... Be ready to see why I tell people to avoid pressure assisted toilets...

eljer_pf2_inside_tank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If by interesting you mean expensive, you're right. I'd suggest you put a little more with what you would spend on repairing an obsolete antique and get a Toto Drake.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is bad new, and good news.

You have the PF/2 Energizer Flush system. Was never a great item, and the company went south. Actually, the brand was bought by Chicago Faucets, but they quickly decided that aparently it was an idea whose time had not come, for them. However, being a stand-up company, they are trying to maintain warranty coverage ( 5 year warranty) for original purchasers. This will last as long as their parts supply lasts. No new parts are being made, and I do not know any distributers who still have any parts. Chicago will not sell parts. If you still have your 5 year warranty coverage, contact Chicago:

http://www.chicagofaucets.com/cfg_home1024.html

Now the good news: Sloan Flushmate has provided a kit which will retrofit your toilet, replaceing the complete PF/2 with a Sloan. You can see that special kit here:

http://www.guillens.com/Flushmate/PF2_Conversion.htm

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The conversion from the "Orphaned" PF/2 system will cost about $125 plus shipping and handling if you DIY it. To do this work the tank is completely removed from the bowl. In the end you will still have a loud toilet that has expensive repair parts that often washes the seat when you flush. But on the bright side conversion to a Sloan Flushmate will give you a system that is from a stable company that has parts available at a price.

Now if you spend about a mere $175 more you could be the proud owner of a new Toto Drake! I would consider that to be a wise investment!

The Toto Drake is a well engineered, high quality toilet that flushes as well as the poorly engineered toilet with a performance boosting supercharger that you presently have. It accomplishes that flush with a simple gravity flush much like any other toilet... Just a highly refined version that has become the benchmark in the toilet industry!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks