Help lost screwdriver !

Users who are viewing this thread

Lowell

Reaction score
My daughter(honestly) dropped/lost screwdriver while replacing flapper etc in Toto one piece toilet. Screwdriver went down the opening in the bottom of tank. I purchased a couple of flexible tools with magnets,then went over to her house and tried, but can't even touch the SD. can't see or feel anything.Toilet seems to be functioning properly. Should she give up and go ahead and call professional at this point.We both thank you.

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not a professional. I would leave it if the toilet is flushing well. If you do call the plumber, maybe you should assess whether you want to consider a new toilet while you are at it, if it needs plunging sometimes even before the screwdriver drop. I am not a pro.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depending on the length, it might now be in the main line. I agree, if things are currently working okay, it's probably okay to just leave well enough alone!

If it is really stuck in the toilet, you might get it loose if you removed the toilet and checked from below, or just turned it over and let gravity do its thing.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
This is confusing.

You say she dropped it into the hole in the bottom of the TANK. So it went into the water distribution system for the toilet, i.e. within the porcelain. If it's working fine, forget it.

Flapper

Reaction score
If it works fine, then it is fine, and it will always be fine, and you wouldn't know there's a screwdriver in it if you didn't know there's a screwdriver in it, so don't worry about it and forget about it.
Certainly don't call a professional to fish a screwdriver out of the toilet... that is ridiculous.

Lowell

Reaction score
This is confusing.

You say she dropped it into the hole in the bottom of the TANK. So it went into the water distribution system for the toilet, i.e. within the porcelain. If it's working fine, forget it.

Thank you for your reply and comments.
Yes,That's correct it went into the hole in bottom of "Tank".She was holding the flapper up for some reason,as I understand it. And this is a one piece toilet.
Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks