Help in Identifying Diverter Valve Stem

Users who are viewing this thread

KEHT

Reaction score
Hello guys,

My diverter valve is leaking really bad, so I've decided to try change it. It seems to be a very old type of diverter stem (in the attached pics) and so far none of the plumbing places can help me out. Knobs say "Union" on them. I am attaching a couple of pics of what came out of rough-in valve. May be someone can identify it. I don't even know where to start attempting to repair it.

Attachments

• Diverter_valve.jpg
    Diverter_valve.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 301
  • Diverter_valve_disassembled.jpg
    Diverter_valve_disassembled.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 295

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Posting a picture of the faucet with the trim on will make it easier to identify.

KEHT

Reaction score
This is it!!! Thank you very much! I also found this valve that seems to fit the bill:
http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail...Z&s=Union Brass&s2=&sku=UNI-83434&r1=&r2=&r3=

Another question I have is about a "seat" that would fit this valve. The old one seen second on the right (or on the right in the first pic) has a hole and and is fused with neck. Is there a whole assembly diagram somewhere for this set up?

Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks