Help in Identifying Diverter Valve Stem

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by KEHT, Jul 14, 2014.

1. KEHT

KEHT New Member

Hello guys,

My diverter valve is leaking really bad, so I've decided to try change it. It seems to be a very old type of diverter stem (in the attached pics) and so far none of the plumbing places can help me out. Knobs say "Union" on them. I am attaching a couple of pics of what came out of rough-in valve. May be someone can identify it. I don't even know where to start attempting to repair it.

Attached Files:

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Posting a picture of the faucet with the trim on will make it easier to identify.
  3. KEHT

KEHT New Member

Thanks for the advice! Here are a few more pictures.
    P1010582.JPG P1010581.JPG
  4. Smooky

Smooky Member

5. KEHT

KEHT New Member

This is it!!! Thank you very much! I also found this valve that seems to fit the bill:
    http://www.lockeplumbing.com/detail...Z&s=Union Brass&s2=&sku=UNI-83434&r1=&r2=&r3=

Another question I have is about a "seat" that would fit this valve. The old one seen second on the right (or on the right in the first pic) has a hole and and is fused with neck. Is there a whole assembly diagram somewhere for this set up?

Thanks again!
  6. Smooky

Smooky Member