Having issue finding an oversized overflow plate

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by SamKH, Aug 13, 2013.

1. SamKH

SamKH New Member

I have a tub with about a 1/2 inch hole next to the overflow plate. The current overflow plate is about 3 1/2 inches so I would need about a 4 inch plate to cover the hole. I am trying to avoid replacing the tub due to the cost. Any suggestions?
  2. asktom

asktom Member

If your overflow plate is held on with one screw you can use a clean-out cover. You can find them in stainless steel and chromed plastic.
  3. SamKH

SamKH New Member

It is helf on by 2 screws, is there any other options that you are aware of?
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Basically there is only one size overflow plate. if that hole is outside the normal dimension, then it will also leak water inside the wall because it will also be outside the gasket that seals the overflow fitting to the tub.