Hanging a wall sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Esteban

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just hung 2 Mansfield wall sinks yesterday and didn't quite do it right as they both wobble like crazy. One is on an old wall with blocking added and the other is a new construction wall with blocking. 2x6 construction with 5/8? rock and then covered with FRP panels. There were no instructions with the sinks and I haven't found anything on youtube that's the least bit helpful.

I installed the bracket hard against the wall at a height that would give me the right height and clearance to pass ADA and then pushed the sink down hard onto the bracket and screwed in the 2 hidden bolts. My guess is the metal bracket needs to be installed at an angle with the bottom edge hard against the wall and the bolts squeezing the sink's hidden edge to the wall. Is this correct?? Does anyone have experience with this? The sinks feel like they're going to fall right off if anyone were to lean on them.
Thanks

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the bracket is on the wall tight. The sink should fit tight even without the two screws for the sink

arizona-sinks.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just hung 2 Mansfield wall sinks yesterday and didn't quite do it right as they both wobble like crazy. One is on an old wall with blocking added and the other is a new construction wall with blocking. 2x6 construction with 5/8? rock and then covered with FRP panels. There were no instructions with the sinks and I haven't found anything on youtube that's the least bit helpful.

I installed the bracket hard against the wall at a height that would give me the right height and clearance to pass ADA and then pushed the sink down hard onto the bracket and screwed in the 2 hidden bolts. My guess is the metal bracket needs to be installed at an angle with the bottom edge hard against the wall and the bolts squeezing the sink's hidden edge to the wall. Is this correct?? Does anyone have experience with this? The sinks feel like they're going to fall right off if anyone were to lean on them.
Thanks
And Mansfield is garbage

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks