Hair gunk blob. Yum. PVC drain question.

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by skydiverMN, Aug 11, 2009.

1. skydiverMN

skydiverMN New Member

My shower drains slowly and I have a plastic (PVC?) catcher thing that I'd like to remove to get better access to the blobby disgusting mess inside. I haven't tried to remove it yet, but are these usually attached with PVC cemented or just silicone caulk? Does it make a difference when it gets reinstalled?

Any thoughts or suggestions that I should be aware?

Thanks!

SkydiverMN
    :D
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

Your highly technical description has us baffled. Try posting a picture so we can understand.......................
  3. Cookie

Cookie .

I really do think I know what you mean, I have one of those. I think they are not removeable, and I get the hair mess, too, but I use a Qtip and use that to clean it out. It works okay, not great but it allows the water to drain better. If we are talking about the same thing, mine started to crack alittle and slide to the one side. Mine is about, 15 years old maybe.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009