H2Option Siphonic Dual Flush Elongated Toilet by American Standard: good or bad?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by labmom, Aug 20, 2010.

1. labmom

labmom New Member

I am looking for a toilet that flushes good AND keeps the toilet bowl free of waste and paper after a flush. I think this just came out in North America and has been used in Australia.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!
    Looking for a Toilet
    in Portland OR
  2. SamC

SamC Member

I don't have any personal experience with it. The flushing videos at the AS web site are impressive, as is the new rim-wash boosting technology. It's the first dual-flush design I have seen with a direct fed jet. Typical dual-flush designs are washdown and have a rather small waterspot. MaP testing shows it will flush 1000 grams in the full flush mode. With the lax quality control, the usual cautions that apply to all AS products should be followed. Find a dealer that will allow you to sort through bowls and tanks until you find ones you are satisfied with. Check that the bottom of the bowl is flat, the rim is level, and all the rim holes are clear, and check all over for glazing defects.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Are you just trying to avoid a Toto? AS is noted for quality issues in there other models, and I see no reason why this model would not be plagued with quality issues as well.