h2o softeners

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by dennis b, Nov 25, 2008.

1. dennis b

dennis b In the Trades

Hi Everyone,

I have used a Lancaster Brand h2o softener in the house for the the last 20 + years and it is time to replace it. I imagine the technology has changed since then. Can anyone direct me to the most reliable models available?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I suggest a softener using the Clack WS-1 control valve, especially if you want to repair your softener yourself instead of having to call a local dealer for service. My customers love them although I've had only 21 problems out of 1100 sales since Feb 2 2004. If you don't want to be dependent on a local dealer for the sale, installation and service, you can buy online and install it yourself, or hire a plumber to install it and save hundreds in the purchase price.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

The ex Fleck engineer that invented the 5600 invented the Clack WS-1 with two other ex Fleck engineers but the 5600 in any version can't compete with the Clack WS-1.
  4. that is a fact...

the clack valve was developed by the people that made the fleck..

the history of the valve can be read about on their site..

perhaps you ought to go there and do your own research

instead of busting garys chops for fun.....