Gurgling sound under kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Mchiarit

Reaction score
There is a gurgling sound under my kitchen sink after water goes down the drain. It does not happen all the time and when it does occur, it usually does so after about five minutes. Even though I have never smelled sewer gas, I replaced the AAV anyway thinking it may be defective, but that did not solve the problem.

This first began about eight months ago when I had a reverse osmosis filtration system installed under my sink. At the time, it was explained to me that after dispensing filtered water, the system generates waste water while the RO tank is being replenished. However, careful observation indicates the sound of the waste water is different than the gurgling sound. Furthermore, the gurgling sound occasionally occurs even after the regular faucet is used and many hours after the latest filtered water has been dispensed.

Could there be a connection to this sound and the RO system even when the filtered water is not being dispensed? The dealer who installed it insists not.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might have a partial blockage.
Have the drain line cleaned by a machine, not a chemical.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
There is a partial block and wastewater is laying in the pipe, the block releases then the remaining water drains rapidly. Similar to when a full sink drains and at the very end you'll hear the water sound like it is sucking air. Nothing to do with the RO system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks