Grohe Thermo Shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by becarroll, May 20, 2008.

1. becarroll

becarroll New Member

Help?

I have a leaking Grohe shower (I do not know the Model #). It is the type with a thermo adjust center hand valve for temp setting, and a ratchet behind that for the water volume.

Problem: The escutcheon plate has two screws which is fine, but I find no visible means to pull the hand valve or ratchet off to even remove the escutcheon after removing the screws. There is no allen set screw underneath. Is it a friction fit of some kind? I have pulled on it to the extent that I don't want to harm it. No luck.

Even after I succeed in removing everything from someones superior knowledge, it seems the grohe valves or O-rings are still a major problem from the other posts I have read. No showers for a week after I break this thing open!!

Thanks to anyone who can help

Bryce
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

On mine, the domed cap unscrews reveiling a screw underneath to get the rest of the handle off. If you go to their website and look at the parts list breakdown for that trim, you should see how it comes apart.
  3. becarroll

becarroll New Member

Thanks. Mine does not have a screw in the dome. But I will try the web as you suggested. Thanks you
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The screw is UNDER the dome, which just unscrews and comes right off.
  5. becarroll

becarroll New Member

Got it-thanks! Now we will see else happens!

Bryce