goulds pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by marquezrf, Jul 12, 2011.

1. marquezrf

marquezrf New Member

i have a goulds pump, c48a94a08, 3/4 hp, that i just recently repaired the plumbing on. the problem i have is that while i was priming everything was ok, now when plumbing is completed the pump is making a whizzing noise and when it reaches the optimal pressure it will stop for a second then click back on 2 times, the thing is it wont hold pressure. once it does this a few times the switch will stay connected and pump will turn off. therefore i have to turn breaker off so that the switch will not burn out. i am thinking maybe the propelles went bad.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you have a check valve between the pump/switch and pressure tank. You need a check or foot valve on the suction, but not before the pressure tank.