good psi but still no pressure in house

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by MoMo3110, May 31, 2006.

1. MoMo3110

MoMo3110 New Member

the past 2 weeks i've been losing water pressure in the house, we've checked the pressure on the tank several times and it reads good pressure but still the water pressure in the house is extremely low almost like we are running out of water...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Valveman

If pressure at the tank is good and pressure at the houose is not, you have a restriction between the tank and house. Do you have a filter after the tank? Filter could be clogged, line could be kinked, lines could be plugged. Have also seen were the screens on the shower head and faucets were just dirty.
  3. Pumpman

Pumpman Pump Sales

I agree with valveman, but I have a couple of questions.
    How far away from the house is the well located? Is there any elevation difference? And last, do you know what size the piping is between well and house?
    Ron