GAS HOT WATER TANK EXHAUST LOUD

Users who are viewing this thread

DYNO1

Reaction score
I have a 50 gallon hot water tank that is about 5 years old. The motor on the tank I believe is loud and
the exhaust leading to the outside is annoyingly loud. The service tech is saying all is good however both
of my neighbors have theirs tanks vented outside and are pretty quiet. Any suggestions to fix the issue would
be appreciated.

Here are some more details...... first pipe coming off of the tank is approximately 14" to the first elbow, then a 10" pipe to second elbow, then a
3" pipe piece to the next elbow then 26" pipe heading outside with an elbow facing down. I believe all piping is 2" in diameter

If I have read other posts correctly, the issue may be too many elbows etc based on the horizontal / vertical limits

Again any suggestions would be much appreciated

Attachments

• HOT WATER.jpeg
    HOT WATER.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 53
  • HOT 2.jpg
    HOT 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 45
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks