Garburator trouble

Users who are viewing this thread

Rhonda's man

Reaction score
Hi

Hopefully you can help me . I am not very good on the computer . I was on a site i found on Google about garburators trying to figure out what is wrong with mine . It was a serious site where people questions were being answered by an expert plumber . I tried to figure out how to ask questions . It prompted me to sing up for the site . I managed to do that but now i cannot return to it or figure out how or where to ask the questions i have related to my garburator problems ...
We just moved in that new house and it is the first time i have anything to do with such a thing as a garburator . My double kitchen sink seems quite well plugged . I tried several times to use a plunger .The water keeps flowing back up along with food crumbs and air bubbles as soon as i stop "plunging" the sink . My dish washer is hooked up to it as well . I don't even dare use the dish washer . Plumbing is definitely not my area of expertise . I cannot afford to call a plumber . I really need help . Can you help me ???

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
since your plumbing experiance is limited and the problem will require some dissassembly I would strongly suggest hiring a plumber.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Your problem is not related to the garbage disposal, except inasmuch as someone put way too much stuff, too fast, in there. You have a plugged drain. You will need to take apart the trap under the sink. If you could post a picture of that, it would help.

If the sinks are full of water, then be prepared with pans when you take things apart, because that water won't just stay up in the sink!

If you do not find a clogged up trap, then you will need a snake of some kind to go into the pipe going into the wall. This is where the plumber comes in@!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks