Gap in connection of sewer

Users who are viewing this thread

DavidTu

Reaction score
Hi Attached is picture showing joint between a 4" wye and the downstream pipe, which is side sewer run of SF residence. It's bottom of a decline.

It's a bit hard to make out because of excess glue, but the joint has about 1/2" gap at bottom. Top of pipe is tighter at the joint. You can see done dirt collecting in the gap, that's the size of it.

Anyway, it's a pain to dig up and change. We'd end up with a Fernco Strong Back in there to remend pipe after a fix.

So is fixing this mandatory our am I worrying about not a big deal?Would sewer scope inspection likely call out to repair if place is sold one day?
WP_20151217_057.jpg

DavidTu

Reaction score
Ok. I'm still hesitant and a perfectionist at heart. But trying to follow your advice, Smooky, and leave it alone :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks