Floor drain / cast iron to pvc?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by n2learning, Jul 30, 2010.

1. n2learning

n2learning New Member

What you are seeing in the image is a 4" cast iron p-trap w/o the floor drain pipe and lid.
    I am cleaning up the mess from some cowboy I mistakenly hired a year and a half ago.

...anyway, I want my floor drain back. I would prefer to use a pvc floor drain and pipe on top of the cast iron. Is it okay to do that? Or do I have to stick with cast iron?

Any suggestions on which brand or type to buy, as well as application tips would be very much appreciated!

View from side (ya see that broken pipe on the left?...the cowboy had this draining into the floor drain. That's what he was going to have me use for the toilet drain. It wasn't even the right type of pvc among many other things...)
    [​IMG]

View from top
    [​IMG]
  2. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

3. n2learning

n2learning New Member

Thank you, I'll be sure to stop by my neighborhood plumbing store to get the proper donut gasket and drain.