Fleck 5800XTR2 Freeboard ....

Users who are viewing this thread

David Isom

Reaction score
Hello again, I recently read that in upflow systems its not necessary to have freeboard space left at top of tank. Is this true ? David

more information ..... any comments appreciated

Hello, I would like to ask advice. I have a upflow system comprising of a Fleck 5800XTR2 configured as an upflow system . It has a DLFC Of 2gpm , BLFC of 0.125gpm And a violet 00 injector . Tank is 10x35 with gravel bed and 25 litres (0.88cu ft) resin along with 30% space for freeboard at top of tank. I recently read a post saying that I don’t need and in fact should not have freeboard space as it’s a upflow system . Is this correct ? I ask as I have a spare bag of resin which could be used to increase capacity if the tank can be filled to the top. Ps The valve has a screen at the top

Last edited:

David Isom

Reaction score
Hello again, I recently read that in upflow systems its not necessary to have freeboard space left at top of tank. Is this true ? David

more information ..... any comments appreciated

Hello, I would like to ask advice. I have a upflow system comprising of a Fleck 5800XTR2 configured as an upflow system . It has a DLFC Of 2gpm , BLFC of 0.125gpm And a violet 00 injector . Tank is 10x35 with gravel bed and 25 litres (0.88cu ft) resin along with 30% space for freeboard at top of tank. I recently read a post saying that I don’t need and in fact should not have freeboard space as it’s a upflow system . Is this correct ? I ask as I have a spare bag of resin which could be used to increase capacity if the tank can be filled to the top. Ps The valve has a screen at the top
We please guys can somebody advise me....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks