Extol 60 ruptured

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi guys
Can you tell if there is a way to empty the water from an extra 60, that has ruptured. I think it will be very heavy trying to unscrew it, with the water on it. It is in a bad location.
Thanks for any suggestions!
Ed

Reach4

Reaction score
Also, remove the valve stem on the Schrader valve if that valve is on the bottom.

Your drill will probably need to penetrate the diaphragm. Since that is rubber, a small hole may close up.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks for you response. Any particular place to drill, and how big a bit should I use?
I have never done it. I think I remember a post saying that bigger is better, in effect. I am thinking a hole just below the hoop seam/ridge, and a long drill bit waving around inside might help chew up the diaphragm.
amtrol-hvac-accessories-st-5-c3_145.jpg

Then another hole at the bottom unless enough is coming out of the valve. If it comes out of the valve, I think you could fit some 1/4 ID tubing over the thread, and direct the water to a better place. Maybe sucking on the tube with a wet-dry vacuum cleaner could help draw water.

It also occurs to me that water above the diaphragm could be forced out, if the path is not blocked, with compressed air. To make room, shut off the main water, allow that to drain, and then let some water out of the WH drain valve to make space.

I expect a pro would not mess around like that, and would just use a big drill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks