Extender for faucet spout shank

Users who are viewing this thread

Mayabit

Reaction score
Hi! I bought this huge, honking faucet for my island kitchen remodel. It's a real beauty - restaurant style, very similar to one in the IKEA catalog but with English, not metric, sizing. Anyway, here's the problem: my countertop is built up about 4 1/2 inches and I know I'm going to have problems with securing the spout shank with the mounting nut because the shank is only about 2-3 inches. (I'm at work, so I'm guessing on the length.) Is there such a thing as a spout shank extender I can use for this kitchen faucet?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Maya

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
What is your countertop made out of? If its wood/particle board, drill out most of the thickness with a hole saw so its only the depth of a normal countertop or whatever will fit for the normal sized shank.

Mayabit

Reaction score
What is your countertop made out of? If its wood/particle board, drill out most of the thickness with a hole saw so its only the depth of a normal countertop or whatever will fit for the normal sized shank.

Actually that's what I originally thought I'd have to do, but I was hoping to find an easier way. :D

The countertop is plywood with corian on top. I was going for a "massive" stone look.

Thanks!

Maya

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
Then boring/cutting a hole(from the underside) IS the easiest way!!

Buying adaptors/extensions and other weird parts can get pricey and possibly take a few days/weeks to get, unless your local plumbing supply store has one or knows what exactly what you need.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks