Expansion Tank Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by bob4178, Oct 18, 2009.

1. bob4178

bob4178 New Member

I have a crown boiler that is about 8 years old model # ABF-175SPD. The expansion tank went but I'm not exactly sure what size tank I should buy to replace it. Does anybody have experience with this type of boiler?
  2. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

Your expansion tank isn't sized based on the boiler it's sized on the amount of water in the system. Your expansion tank should beable to absorb upto 4% of the volume of the system (give or take).

It's probably a 2 or 4 gallon expansion tank if this is a residential house.