Err on My ICC Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by gmrules, Apr 15, 2007.

1. gmrules

gmrules New Member

Guy

I am posting to see if anyone has come across this before

I have Hunter ICC Clock and 13 zones with Wireless Hunter Rain Sensor, This year I decided I would add a SRR remote Control to the system

Whenever I connectThe SRR remote to the Smatpot I get Err on my clock

I called Hunter ans They said it was Electric Interference so I bought a sheilded
    wire, Same issue. Hunter suggested I move my clock Away from my Electrial service panel

Anyone Run Across this before?
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Be absolutely certain you have the wiring done correctly. They designed the connector so you'd have red-white-blue wires connected in that order. The SRR connector makes a swell antenna, and it picks up interference with the greatest of ease. One almost-sure cure is to just leave the receiver plugged in, even if you have to relocate the connector. Low-power controllers are especially susceptible to this sort of thing, and you want to keep them away from strong electric fields. This means motors, more than service panels.