Err on My ICC Controller

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by gmrules, Apr 15, 2007.

1. gmrules

gmrules New Member

Computer Networking
    Guy

I am posting to see if anyone has come across this before

I have Hunter ICC Clock and 13 zones with Wireless Hunter Rain Sensor, This year I decided I would add a SRR remote Control to the system

Whenever I connectThe SRR remote to the Smatpot I get Err on my clock

I called Hunter ans They said it was Electric Interference so I bought a sheilded
    wire, Same issue. Hunter suggested I move my clock Away from my Electrial service panel

Anyone Run Across this before?

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots Sprinkler Guy

Be absolutely certain you have the wiring done correctly. They designed the connector so you'd have red-white-blue wires connected in that order. The SRR connector makes a swell antenna, and it picks up interference with the greatest of ease. One almost-sure cure is to just leave the receiver plugged in, even if you have to relocate the connector. Low-power controllers are especially susceptible to this sort of thing, and you want to keep them away from strong electric fields. This means motors, more than service panels.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement