DXV by American Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Hartman

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with the DXV collections by American Standard? We're looking to replace three builder grade toilets in our new construction home that are clogged VERY often by our seven year old! We've narrowed it down to the Toto Drake II, Toto Ultramax II, and the DXV Lyndon (one-piece). The Lyndon wins on looks alone, but hard to find any reviews of actual performance. The specs seem to be in line with the Totos and it has a great MaP flush score of >1000.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
MaP scores of 500+ are meaningless. AS has quality control issues. Toto virtually never do.

Brian Hartman

Reaction score
The DXV Lyndon has a 3" flush valve (bigger than the 2" valve on our current Kohler Sterling) and either a 2 1/8 or 2 1/16 trap diameter (bigger than the 2" trap diameter on our current Kohler Sterling). I'm guessing these are the biggest factors in flush performance and thus it should be superior to our current builder grade toilet.

Squishy901

Reaction score
You would be very well off with any of the three options; all will provide far superior performance than your current toilets. You are a little more likely to find manufacturing defects in the DXV, but besides that, looks and preferance should drive your choice and not flushing performance because all will do well.

Brian Hartman

Reaction score
You would be very well off with any of the three options; all will provide far superior performance than your current toilets. You are a little more likely to find manufacturing defects in the DXV, but besides that, looks and preferance should drive your choice and not flushing performance because all will do well.
Thanks for that... It's all I needed to hear. I've been giving this way too much thought!

Brian Hartman

Reaction score
We ended up going with three new DXV Lyndon toilets and are really happy with them. So much better than the Kohler Sterlings. Great flushing power and nice simple skirted design. Woooo Hooooo!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks