Dripping Sound from Inside of Wall/Ceiling When Toilet is Flushed

Users who are viewing this thread

Mdmm55

Reaction score
I don't think your existing tube looks smaller.

When on the valve, that tube will look similar to this:

However installing a new float valve would certainly be good. It is a little more work that swapping out the tube.

This one is popular: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Korky-QuietFill-Platinum-Fill-Valve-528MCM/203145423
Thank you very much Reach4.
Again some dripping sounds are coming but less in frequency. What is your opinion??
Water level is high in filling tank. Should I reduce the water lever a little bit to see if it effect??
How to reduce the water level in water tank (in picture), please.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thank you very much Reach4.
Again some dripping sounds are coming but less in frequency. What is your opinion??
Water level is high in filling tank. Should I reduce the water lever a little bit to see if it effect??
How to reduce the water level in water tank (in picture), please.
If there is an adjustment on the end of the arm shown in https://www.terrylove.com/forums/index.php?attachments/val-1-jpg.80620/ then you might want to use that. Otherwise you lower the top of the assembly so the float sits lower. If you identify the fill valve, you will be able to find a web page and a YouTube video to tell you how to adjust.

Water should not come to more than within 1/2 inch of the overflow. I think 3/4 is usually recommended. If the water level is high, water can wick up the clip and down the overflow.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
if you are hearing a loud rattling it needs addressing but a slight dripping sound or ticking sounds is not unusual however can be scary many times usually it can be ignored But I cant tell you that too many variables . I might disconnect water supply from toilet open valve allow to run in bucket and see if it came from drainage or water supply, but likely wouldn't do anything depending on the noise

Mdmm55

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I acted upon your advice.
1- Lowered the water supply to filling tank,
2- Adjusted the level of water in the tank about half inch, lower.
Now there is absolutely no dripping sounds.
Your advices were helpful, which saved me in hiring a plumber.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
great glad it stopped didn't think you had a real; problem, must have been overflowing

Mdmm55

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I acted upon your advice.
1- Lowered the water supply to filling tank,
2- Adjusted the level of water in the tank about half inch, lower.
But now ,over a week, I am hearing dripping sounds , under the roof below both bathrooms.
What should I do ??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks