Down Well Pressure Tanks?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by dsk, Apr 1, 2006.

1. dsk

dsk New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Someone I know told me that it's possible to buy pressure tanks designed to fit down into the well casing. Sounds suspicious to me, and I can't google anything that looks like what my friend describes. So how about it? Does such a beasty exist?

If so it would be a neat way to get rid of the pump house that I'd otherwise have to build.

2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Jul 15, 2005
    Water well and pump tech.
    Riverview, Fl.
    Your friend is correct. However they haven't been around for a long time and they depend on a CSV valve or Smart Tee to make them work. I would just go with the CSV valve and a small bladder tank. Then if it goes bad, you won't have to pull the pump to replace it.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Hube

Hube New Member

Sep 1, 2004
    since there are many, many well casings that are in the 4" to 6" diameter(deep well/ sub pump), it would be very interesting to see a picture of one that will actually fit into this size of casing. :)
  5. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007