Does Fleck 5600SXT require turbine assembly to function plus other???

Users who are viewing this thread

John Hardt

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first post here.
I bought a Fleck 5600SXT to replace my autotrol mechanical valve. I would have replaced with the same valve or another mechanical valve but they seem to have been removed from the market here in Ireland.
The 5600SXT did not come with a turbine assembly (nor clips to hold the yoke on!) and I was wondering if the
turbine assembly is necessary for the valve to operate or is it an optional extra? Also, is the bypass valve necessary if I have other valves installed on both side of the softener? Lastly with the autorol, I could relieve pressure at the valve. I don't see this facility on the Fleck so is pressure relief for maintenance provided by opening a valve downstream? Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
The 5600SXT did not come with a turbine assembly (nor clips to hold the yoke on!) and I was wondering if the
turbine assembly is necessary for the valve to operate or is it an optional extra?
It is an extra, but normally the controller without a metering assembly is used for backwashing filters rather than softening. If this was for a softener, you should have looked for one with the word "demand" in the description. That would meant that the turbine was included.
To add this to the non-demand controller, you would need parts 60626 (turbine with clips and screws) and 19791-01 (cable) at least, and I cannot be sure that would be sufficient.
http://waterpurification.pentair.co...leck-2015-parts-list-no-prices-rev-b-au15.pdf
Could you return the controller and buy the demand version?
Also, is the bypass valve necessary if I have other valves installed on both side of the softener?
No.
Lastly with the autorol, I could relieve pressure at the valve. I don't see this facility on the Fleck so is pressure relief for maintenance provided by opening a valve downstream?
That is the easiest way. I am sure there is a way to route pressure to the drain by doing something with the buttons, but opening a faucet is so easy.

Note that the Autotrol and Fleck valves have the inputs and outputs on the opposite sides.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks