Diverter or separate pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

phillykitty

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

I am in the process of building a bathroom on the third floor of my house. There wasn't a bathroom there before so I
am not dealing with any existing plumbing issues.

I was originally going to do a walk-in shower but a friend of mine who is an interior designer has convinced me that I should
go with a tub as it will add to the resale value of the house. I have decided that she is right and will probably go with
a Kohler drop in tub that has an integral tub flange.

The problem is that I have already purchased the shower hardware and I can't return it. It is a Hansgrohe showerpipe with an exposed
thermostatic valve. Plus I really like the look of it and want to use it.

[h=1]Hansgrohe 27160001 Raindance S[/h]
So now that I have decided to use a tub instead I will have to have tub hardware. What is the best way to plumb this? It doesn't make sense to me to have a diverter from the bathtub faucet since the thermostatic valve is built into the shower pipe. Should I just tee off the hot and cold lines and plumb the bathtub hardware and shower hardware separately? Or is there some other solution that I am not thinking of. The idea of having the tub and shower supply lines separate from one another does not bother me. I would rarely use the tub anyway.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

StillGoing

Reaction score
If I spent over $1000 on a shower kit and couldn't return it I'd want to use it too. It's been a while since someone replied. Maybe there is a way to put a diverter into your shower pipe? If you did the job already what did you do?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks