Dishwasher problem

Users who are viewing this thread

GT4

Reaction score
Well, theirs power to it, I can turn it on, but it wont cycle or anything. When it stopped working it was in the middle of a wash, so their was water getting to it. Now is this just the control switch/timer? Someone mentioned Vapor lock to me...

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Does it doe anything when you change settings? I've worked on a couple of dishwashers and for the most part the problems were either clogged screen on the solenoid or a bad control switch. The switch was very expensive...seems it was a Kenmore... don't remember but Mom always believed in Kenmore & sears.

GT4

Reaction score
No, nothing happens when I turn the switch around, it doesn't change cycles. Only when I first turn the switch, their is a humming sound.

BTW, its a White-Westinghouse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks