Different Pop-Up length needed

Users who are viewing this thread

trunkmonkey

Reaction score
I have installed Price Pfister lav taps. They came with a pop up drain that had a overflow. I required one that does not have one. Purchased an OSB pop up drain. Here is where the fun began. I robbed the brushed nickel ring and stopper from the PP and installed it on the OSB drain. The PP stopper is designed slightly different (length) and the pop up will not open high enough.

Are there different pop-up lengths available (just the plastic piece that you connect to the swivel rod) and where can you get one.

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are generic or universal pop up stoppers, but anything universal really means ''fits some things, sort of, doesn't really fit anything just right'' . Why not look for the proper complete assembly

trunkmonkey

Reaction score
It is the proper complete assembly. If I use the chrome OSB drain ring and stopper it will work fine. By using the PP stopper it is 1/2" too short. OSB does not make a non-overflow drain in brushed nickel, this is why I substituted parts.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks