Difference in resin?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Retiredguns, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Retiredguns

Retiredguns "Guns"

I think I am giving up on my 8 year old WaterBoss as repair costs may be more than I am willing to pay. I am looking at a Fleck Demand model and the company gives a choice of "high capacity" resin or an upgrade to "fine mesh" resin for $49. I am on a well with a hardness test resulting in about 26. No iron to speak of. Is this $49 well spent?

Thanks
  2. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Fine mesh is just a smaller bead size. You will have more surface area with fine mesh but IMO that's about it. I would go with standard mesh.
  3. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

There is no need for fine mesh resin in your case.