Delta Valve With Multiple Rain Heads

Users who are viewing this thread

LarryM13

Reaction score
Hi,

I am putting a shower in my basement with 3/4" PEX lines ready.
I want to have TWO ceiling mounted rain heads, ideally I would like volumbe to be controlled by their own valve with temperature on the main valve

I would like to use Delta valves as they seem to get good reviews on the board. However, I'm completely confused as to what I need to buy.

I do like this style with the temp right on it, but obviously not critical http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/t14001-t2o-lhp.html

Thanks,
Larry

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you want both rain heads to always be on? If not, one main temp/volume control with a diverter valve to send the outlet to A, B, or A+B heads would work. FWIW, rain heads do not spray the water...the velocity will be determined by how far it falls via gravity, not water pressure. Most people like some velocity to rinse the soap and shampoo off...a rain head will take lots longer to dilute things to accomplish that. A single head is still gpm limited. If you want to control volume individually to each head, it becomes more complicated. Some valves do not work properly with shutoff/volume controls after the main valve (IOW, one outlet must always be open).

Delta gives you the choice of three options on function in their tub/shower valves when using the R10000 rough-in valve:
- single handle
- two handle: volume, temp
- two handle: volume, thermostatically controlled temp

That choice is made by the trim/cartridge package you choose for those compatible with that rough-in valve.

LarryM13

Reaction score
Do you want both rain heads to always be on? If not, one main temp/volume control with a diverter valve to send the outlet to A, B, or A+B heads would work. FWIW, rain heads do not spray the water...the velocity will be determined by how far it falls via gravity, not water pressure. Most people like some velocity to rinse the soap and shampoo off...a rain head will take lots longer to dilute things to accomplish that. A single head is still gpm limited. If you want to control volume individually to each head, it becomes more complicated. Some valves do not work properly with shutoff/volume controls after the main valve (IOW, one outlet must always be open).

Delta gives you the choice of three options on function in their tub/shower valves when using the R10000 rough-in valve:
- single handle
- two handle: volume, temp
- two handle: volume, thermostatically controlled temp

That choice is made by the trim/cartridge package you choose for those compatible with that rough-in valve.
Thanks Jad,
I'd like to control when each is on.
I've thought about adding a handheld sprayer, I'll probably do a test before I put the tile on.

Would this combination of temp/pressure valve and diverter work?
http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/r10000-pxws.html#/?tab=product-features
http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/t14001-t2o-lhp.html
http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/r11000.html#/?tab=product-features

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You need a volume control in addition and the handles and the actual diverter valve if I read it correctly...that trim/cartridge only controls the temperature, not the on/off/volume. That page with the main valve trim looks like it includes a rough-in valve body, so make sure you don't end up with two of them! They are listed separately, but that page shows them as a package.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks