Delta MultiChoice, R10000-UNWS

Users who are viewing this thread

mdsnj

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Delta MultiChoice R100000 shower valve. The plumbing supply store sold me one with stops. Why do I need stops?

Also, it comes with a port for a tub spout. It says if any port is not used, it should be fitted with a pipe plug. What does a pipe plug for a valve like this look like? Can it be soldered?

Many Thanks!

delta_multichoice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The stops are so you can turn of the water to service that valve in the future without turning off the whole building. Not really necessary in a single family house, but essential in apartments, condos, etc.

You can get a solder in plug, or a threaded plug.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If it is the regular valve, you use a cap, not a plug.

If I were installing that valve, and it is just for a shower, I invert it, so the largest port (the one intended for the tub), is feeding the shower.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
In order for those stops to be useable when the time comes, take that cover off the faucet and turn those integral stops on and off with the cartridge out of the body. You'll need a large bucket to keep the water from shooting across the tub.

This will guarantee you that when you need those valves to shut off, they will. Personally I use the main valve to shut off the water to the home.

If that valve is very difficult to get to, then I would then use the integral stops as a source of shutting off the water.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
UNless the Moen valve is too deep into the wall to access the retaining clip with the plate in place, I NEVER remove the plate to repair the faucet, so the integral stops would be useless as far as I am concerned.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks