deep well pumping sand

Users who are viewing this thread

caulder88

Reaction score
Due to a recent drought i had to extend my sub. pump 20 additional feet. Since it had to be pulled i had a new pump installed. The new pumps is rated at 18 gpm. This some what stronger than the old pump. When the pump runs continously, such as running my irriagation system, i get sand and sediment. I have installed a filter, but having to clean the filter so much is a problem. The ground water should be back to normal now. Any suggetions on how to fix this problem. Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you can raise the pump back to the original level, it may then be above the point where the sand is coming in. However, the next drought will cause you to need to lower the pump again. If the pump is running steady for the irrigation, you may can choke it back with a ball or gate valve and decrease the irrigation flow. Sometimes lower flow rates will reduce the sand amount. If the pump is cycling on and off for the irrigation, the cycling will stir up the well and make sand.

lightning

Reaction score
Coal Chips In My Well

My well brings up coal chips. Been 12 yrs now! I have wondered if I should consider raising the intake a bit. The good news is, the chips are heavy enough to fall to bottom of filter glass!
Lightning with house in Western MD in coal area, but no known coal mine in area

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks