Dead Pressure Pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vzylexy

Reaction score
I have a 3/4 HP. Goulds JS07 from '93 that I suspect finally kicked the bucket. Two weeks ago we ran out of water, went out, turned off the pressure pump as it was VERY hot. Once our 1,000 gallon tank filled 3/4 of the way, I kicked the pump back on but it was unable to shut itself off. I had to lower the cut-in/cut-off pressure for it to shut off.

Then comes just this last Tuesday, we ran out of water again! I'm thinking our well is slowly starting to dry up(sediment in water) as we were barely using any water, hell we were using laundromat to wash clothes. Anyway, when I discovered we were out of water I ran down to the well to shut off the pressure pump. Skip to Friday where our storage tank has barely filled to four rings(It's at 5 now), so I plug the pump back in and it starts working. But one thing I noticed is that it wasn't building any pressure at all. None of the fittings are leaking, so I'm thinking the pump has finally met its days, is this correct?

Vzylexy

Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble getting that darn impeller out of there. I have the guidevane exposed, and I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just how to remove the thing. I have the parts list diagram but that seems to be of little help.

Vzylexy

Reaction score
Ok, got everything set up, bought a new nipple for the intake and discharge as I couldn't get the previous ones off. Pump turned on fine, gained pressure but when it shut off it started leaking out of the PVC unions. Not just in the ones that are on the pump, but one farther down.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
So tighten them up if you can though pvc unions suck and are prone to leaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks