Cyscle Stop Valve Clogged?

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by HayGrower, Aug 9, 2009.

1. HayGrower

HayGrower New Member

Aug 9, 2009
    My 10 hp submersible irrigation pump keeps tripping the brand new breaker.
    I think the cycle stop valve may be clogged with sand debris but I have no idea where to start in cleaning it out. Do you have diagrams? suggestions?
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Aug 31, 2004
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    I'd check the electrical stuff, like the amps, ohms, shorts of the pump and cable first before I'd think the CSV was blocked but I don't think that would trip the breaker anyway.

Why did you need a new breaker?
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    It would take a lot of sand to stop up a CSV. If you have that much sand, then sand is probably your problem. 10 HP single phase sub pump? What size and color is the CSV? Why the new breaker, and has it ever started on the new breaker?