Cutting swanstone

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by shamrock_94, Jan 6, 2007.

1. shamrock_94

shamrock_94 New Member

Does anyone have an experience installing shower walls with this material? In order to install the walls, I need to cut a hole for the shower valve. Would a RotoZip carbide bit be acceptable to use? I plan on using the RotoZip with a circle guide to cut my hole.

2. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Randyj

Randyj Master Plumber

Looks like no one else has replied... call Lowe's and let us know what you find out.

5. geniescience

geniescience Homeowner

ditto
    yes it'll work

and you can get confirmation from Swanstone or anyone.

david

6. The Marble Guy

The Marble Guy Cultured Marble installer /remodeler

Cultured Marble installer /remodeler
    You can cut it with a fine tooth or metal hold saw or jigsaw.(14tpi) I use a 4-1/2 inch hole saw on cultured marble for the valve. It works much in the same way. I have installed both and enjoyed working with the solid surface products.