Cut in pressure question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jfharper

Reaction score
Just replaced a pressure switch and pressure tank (I have two pressure tanks) and set the switch to 40/60 and the tanks to 38psi each with tanks empty. When I turned everything back on and after first fill up, I watched the pressure drop (after a number of minutes) slowly to 42 then the pressure would jump to 38 and the booster pump would kick on. Is this normal? I was wondering if either my water pressure or air gauge is off. Is the water pressure not supposed to make this sudden drop before switching the booster pump on?

Reach4

Reaction score
For whatever reason, you need to reduce the precharge pressure. It could be partly a difference in gauge calibration and partly due to your booster pump needing more time to build up pressure once the pressure switch closes. I would drop your precharge by 2 PSI.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks