customer calls ,water heater problems

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by toolaholic, Sep 1, 2005.

1. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

no flame burner won,t lite. I pull burner assy., replace thermo cpl.the cold feed has been weeping above the w. h. the top of burmer has an accumulation of wet moist rust. i suspect pin hole leak. they have hot water now i recomended replacement, soon! was i right guys? wan,t to go witn the best any suggestions? T. I. A TOOL
  2. what brand ????

thats criticle---need to know--- informaiton

how old, the new style sealed combustion??

if its a new FLAME LOCK Whirlpool unit, you got troubles anyway...
    their is a recall on that brand right now

but yes its probably leaking,
  3. Gotta link to that recall MPM?
  4. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

thank,s mark

ordered new A O Smith today.customer said it was about 10 yrs old [propane], they live a ways out,and don,t wan,t a flood some nite. there,s plenty of money, so why not be safe. i didn,t want to untie the blanket so i don,t know the brand. i read your other post on w.h trs. and it,s obvious you know what,s happening. thank,s tool