CSV recommendation requested

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by inspectorgene, Jul 2, 2009.

1. inspectorgene

inspectorgene New Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I am nearly done with a re-install of my submersible pump, wire and piping. I did the original install about 7-8 years ago, and did not secure the wiring well enough. The wiring got "skint" up pretty bad and must have shorted the pump.

I have been reading this and other well forums to get my stuff together before installing the new system. I have been reading about CSV's and am considering installing one.

I have a 320' drilled well, uphill and about 200' from my house. I have installed an F & W 1HP-10 GPM pump on 1" black poly tubing at about 300' deep. My water level is about 20' down from grade level. Original well driller says I was getting only 3gpm. 20 gallon bladder tank in basement.

Only me and the wife using water. 3 bedroom, 2 bath house, but I run the water about 30 minutes at a time twice a day to make up water in a below ground pool. Seems like the pump cycles quite a bit when filling the pool, and is probably one of the reasons for the skinned wire.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    I see a lot of wires skinned because of excess cycling, that is if it didn't burn the motor first. I would use a CSV1W or a CSV1Z for your application.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. inspectorgene

inspectorgene New Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Thanks! Thats what I was thinking. Best place to buy?