1. DAGUS WYSONG

DAGUS WYSONG New Member

I live close to Pittsburgh and need a trench dug for a new waterline. The trench has to be four feet deep and 140 feet long, level ground and relatively soft ground. I would like for the trench to be twelve inches wide. I wonder what a ball park figure would be. Thanks.
  2. plumbingskool

plumbingskool Retired Tradesman

Depending on who you hire and how you pay:

$800 - $2200 , depends on who and what they use , A big excavating company that owns a lot of machines.

I would call around:)
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

half a million
  4. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

Can you do the work if you rent a trenching machine? If so, couple of hundred.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

trench

Few rental machines will dig 12" wide by 4' deep. A backhoe with a narrow bucket could do the job in half a day. So find out what they charge in your area.