converting hot cold controls to single unit

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jbkeenan, Mar 19, 2005.

1. jbkeenan

jbkeenan New Member

I am converting a shower with seperate hot cold faucets, spout and shower head to a single faucet, shower head and keeping spout. I will most likely raise the level of the faucet. Can I simply sweat the two into the new faucet and use longer pipe to raise the level a bit higher and must I raise what I think are the anti-knock pipes.
    Thank you
    Joe
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

If your anti-knock chambers are just dead-ended pipe sections, you should get rid of them as they are a potential health problem. Replace with actual hammer arrestors ( bladder types). The exact position is a matter of convenience and not critical.