Convertible Jet Pump Question - I'm lost

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by mrjaybov, Apr 29, 2009.

1. mrjaybov

mrjaybov New Member

I have a Wayne CWS 50 Convertible Jet Pump with the nozzel to pump water less then 25 feet. I want to use the pump to drain the water from my swimming pool. What I did was put 1 inch coupling to a brass fitting that would allow me to connect a garden hose to the pump for intake and put a hose bib at the output to shoot the water onto my yard.

Everything is tight. To test, I hooked up a short (3ft) garden hose to the pump and stuck it in a five gallon bucket full of water. It did absolutely nothing. Is the pump shot or will this set up never work....

Thank You.

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    You still have to prime the pump. And a garden hose for a suction is too small and will colapse from the suction.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement