Concrete/Cement base for flange

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeShawn

Reaction score
Hello. I have a question I'm hoping you could answer. Yesterday, I installed a new toilet for my daughters bathroom. In the process of removing the old toilet, I noticed that the floor did not have a concrete/cement base for the new flange and toilet to properly be mounted without the toilet shaking slightly so I used a shim to help stabilize it better, which it helped. My question is, have you experienced situations where there were no concrete base to drill the flange to the floor and should I be concerned with the toilet tipping over even though I used sandstone grout around the base to create a better seal and to add more stability? Please keep in mid that I live in a block home (61') that apparently forgot to add concreye around the base but has concrete every where else.

Reach4

Reaction score
You want a closet bend spacer to fill the space that the new closet flange will occupy. It is like a form, but is on the inside. You can then pour concrete into the remaining space. After the concrete hardens sufficiently, remove the spacer by digging it out or melt with flame, depending.

http://168.215.203.131/prod/cat12/spacers_boxes/spacers.php

Alternatively, you can use a repair ring. The mounting holes are spaced widely and it can hold the closet bolts vertically and horizontally. https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/awkward-flange-trouble-please-help.58018/#post-427639

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks