Cold water suddenly brown

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by dpgoalie, Nov 14, 2010.

1. dpgoalie

dpgoalie New Member

Hi there,

I have an artisan well and have not had any issues for the 3 years I have been using it. Today I ran the hose full blast for about three hours. When I went to use the cold water about an hour later, it was a light brown color. Could the use of the hose be related to the sudden change in water color? Thanks
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

You probably drew the well down pretty far and that tends to dislodge all that rust on the case. Wait a couple days and see if it clears up