clogged drain tile

Users who are viewing this thread

joesump

Reaction score
my drain tiles are clogged with what I assumed is clay. I try the manual snake and have difficulty getting beyond the obstructed area. Will an electric drain cleaner/snake break up the clay in the drain tile. Most people that i have asked are not sure. Thanks, joesump

Scotty

Reaction score
Joe,
More input/intel may be needed here. Usually Drain tiles are buried ontop and with gravel around to limit sediment from entering them. If sediment is the cause, sure an electric may work. If the tile is broken however, unless one of our more sage members have an alternative, I see a shovel in the future. And don't get yourself buried in the process. Other things can be done to help if seepage is the problem. Make sure gutters drain away from the building and the resulting discharge flows that way too, including the sump. Banking earth slightly against the building, never higher than the concrete footing will help drainage as well. Higher than that will cause rotting of the sills and encourage plants and critters to get where you don't want them. At this point with my experience, I bow respectfully to the full timer who wears the plumber pants. Hope I've helped a little at least.
Hang in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks