Clog Prevention & Toilet Models

Users who are viewing this thread

Dallas Al

Reaction score
Two questions: What is the best preventive solution to use in my drain
lines to keep them from clogging (toilets, sinks, etc.)? I was told
that flushing the lines with clorox every 2 or 3 months was good to use. The next question is has anybody had a Briggs Maelstrom installed? It got a good MaP score (600g.) We have 4 Briggs Altimas in our home & we have to keep a plunger next to each one. About twice a month we have to use the plunger!! It has a very low MaP score or 150g. which is less than the 250g. recommended minumun.

Dallas Al

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most of the pros that dwell on this forum prefer the Toto. I can't recall anyone every reporting on any Briggs toilet. If you want a tried and true toilet, look at the Toto line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drains

Nothing really works to prevent stoppages, and they are even less effective for unstopping them. Clorox may bleach anything in the lines but it does not remove any obstructions that are occurring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks