Client wants "custom"

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by thezster, Feb 14, 2009.

1. thezster

thezster New Member

My client found a pedestal sink from Kohler that looks like some sort of giant manta ray with a basin sink on top.... Unfortunately, it's a bit to large for her bathroom project.... too long, too wide.... so, now she wants me to check out a custom made granite piece, about 32 inches long - 18 inches deep - and supported with some sort of pedestal - either factory (Kohler/etc) or custom made from the same granite. I'm thinking that there is no way that a slab of granite 32 inches long will support itself with a single pedestal underneath it. Correct? I can't envision any sort of bracket system that will provide the "clean/modern" look that she's imagining either...

Suggestions??
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You might be surprised what some engineering and epoxy and steel can do. You might want to check out www.johnbridge.com. They've got some people that live stone over there. Might find some useful responses.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

client

What is your business? Remember, if you do create this thing, and it is so unwieldy that it collapses, YOU may be liable for any damages or injuries, or if she does not like it you may end up "eating" it. Far better that SHE gets it and then lets you connect it.